Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Week of Wine and Bruises

This week started off with a bang as my friend Marianne took me out on a friend date to the lovely Malibu and Vine Winery in...you guessed it...Malibu! It was such a lovely afternoon of stuffing our faces and enjoying fine wines. We had a lot to catch up on and I think we got our fair share of hilarious people watching, too! Thanks, my dear friend, for such a fun time and for the laughs. Whenever we get together it's always a great experience:)

We headed back to Carlsbad on Monday for a lazy Labor Day, spent at home with just our little family. It was so nice to relax and just unwind. I made some incredible shrimp tacos, if I do say so myself, and we hung out with the kids.

On Tuesday, Ryan had his first day of preschool! He was pretty excited until we got there, then his excitement went into overdrive. He immediately shot past me to the toys and started exploring. He was showing me everything and could hardly contain himself. Needless to say, he didn't have trouble adjusting.

Unfortunately, he had to miss preschool on Thursday because Wednesday night he decided to whack his head into the door jamb. His cute little naked booty was running to the bathroom and he just couldn't make the turn. He's had so many close calls at that door that I'd stopped even drawing my breath every time he ran by. But this was gross...the entire house shook so I knew it was bad. He came back out into the room with blood all over himself (and all over the carpet...yay). We got him patched up and Mike took him to the Urgent Care where he got 6 stitches. Dane was actually worse off than Ryan. He was so upset that he was hurt and was saying things like, "Are we gonna lose him?!" And "They're not going to put him down, right?!" Poor kid was beside himself. I was able to calm him down after a while, but he was pretty shaken up. Such a sweet, sensitive heart. So Ryan's stitch count is now at 9. My friend Shelly came up with the great idea of having a frequent flyer card at the Urgent Care. Maybe after two visits, we can get the third one free!:) Since our living room floor was covered in blood, I spent the better part of the day cleaning carpet. I had a group of moms from La Costa Moms coming over for our monthly Cooking Club, and the good news is, they all gave me the thumbs up on my cleaning job. Anyone need their carpet cleaned? For a fee, of course.

On Saturday, Erica came down to surprise Dane for his first ever soccer game! The Green Dragons had a fantastic time and Coach Rebecca lost her voice:) It was so hectic and fun...hilarious to see these kids learn the game and run around like mad. They tired themselves out pretty good, so we came back and had some nap time. Erica and I got to visit and enjoy the quiet time while they napped.

While we were visiting and the kids were napping, Mike went out to go spear fishing at Terra Mar. He hadn't been spear fishing in 20 years and was so thrilled. He brought back a lovely Corbina and was so excited to get that thing cooked up! After he cleaned it up, I salted it and threw it into a pan with olive oil and garlic. That thing was YUMMY! Way to go, Mikey! Can't wait for more tasty fish to delight our palates. :)

Thanks to all who keep up with our craziness. It's fun to share it with you! Please have a wonderful, safe week and enjoy every day. Love you all!




Enjoying my wine, I think:)

Slow down, Mern!

Alana stayed back at Casa Nocita and hung out with auntie Erica:)

Lazy Labor Day movie time.

Dana graciously came over to watch Alana while I took Ryan to preschool! Blizzard wanted that snack so bad...

"It's too bright, mommy!"



Dane found a caterpillar at the train tracks and brought it back. It formed a chrysalis and turned into a butterfly! It was so beautiful.

Here they are releasing the butterfly. Can you see it?
Taking Dane to school:)

In line for Mrs. Sanchez' class.

Tristan and Dane:)

Building a train! Shocking...

Ouch!



Sleeping with mommy and daddy:)

Dane wrote Ryan a note that is supposed to say, "Are you okay?" So cute.
At lunch the next day, Ryan requested a candlelit lunch, "like grampa."

Looking for a lizard in the bush. Dane suggested Ryan where a helmet.

I think he was a day too late on that helmet thing.


Cheer up, Alana!

This just melted my heart. Such a precious moment.

Dane decided Labor Day was gonna be his birthday so he could go to the desert. Apparently he can only go to the desert on his birthday:)
Go Green Dragons!


"Um....guys?"


Dane in action! Number 11!


Getting a pep talk from coach Rebecca.


Look at those legs!

Nice fish, Mikey!

Oh noooooo!

Yummy til the last bite.

No comments: