Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holiday Happenings - Part 1

I know, I know, boring title, right? Well, all of my energy went into choosing a "few" pictures to put into this blog. Thanks to my dad, my sister and me, we had close to 650 pictures to sift through for this! There were way too many good pictures, so hopefully by looking at these you get a good idea of how fantastic our Christmas and New Year's were!

I'm going to do this blog in two parts. You'll get the next part in a couple of days. I just need a break...I'm only human! So, this first blog includes our Christmas party we had on December 20th and our Christmas Eve in San Diego with The Roblees. 

We had such a wonderful time at our party. It was the first Christmas party we've ever had and it really went off without a hitch! Thanks to Erica for the fantastic food (and Rena, mom and Marianne, too)! My belly, and I think everyone else's, shook like a bowl full of jelly for a few days after. I think mine still is! We also celebrated Mark Roblee's 33rd birthday at the party. Mark is brother to Mike, brother-in-law to myself, and Dane's Funcle Mark. I think he was surprised by the yummy carrot cake Erica presented to him:) Thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed the festivities. It really was a night to remember!

Christmas Eve was spent opening gifts and eating food with family in San Diego. What more could you want? We went down on the 23rd and opened presents with Dane and The Roblees. Dane, of course, was showered with gifts. I think the bouncy horse and the alphabet train were his favorites as he is still constantly wanting to play with them! Then, at 4:00pm on Christmas Eve, we went to Adele's cousin Jim's house in Grossmont to open presents with their family and to listen to Madame Ernestine Schumann-Heink's "Stille Nacht." This is a tradition for their family as Mike is a descendant of Madame Schumann-Heink - a very famous opera singer in the 20s and 30s. We had a great time with their family there, but we had to head back to get home at a decent hour. We also shared some time with the Brown family at their house in Sierra Madre that night before heading to bed. We had such a good time that day - thanks to everyone:)

We love you all and stay tuned for Part 2 of this ridiculously huge blog!


Our wonderful home!

Kimmy and The Danish, looking so cute!

Our living room right before the mayhem began.

I just love our front porch!

Look at those divine treats!

Daddy and Daney.

Mike and Mog.

Mitrah, Kristy and Marianne, ready to enjoy libations!

There's Granddad Ralph, Funcle Mark and Nana Adele, all the way up from San Diego!

He really likes water bottles:)

There's 9 month Lindsay, KB and Kelly.

The backyard crew keeping warm:)

Mark's birthday cake.

Mark's chicks! Lucky dog...

Kelly, mom and Denise.

Time to go home:(

Awwww...pals Mitrah and Colorn (Colorado Lauren)...

Another shot of the chicks!

I love this picture.

MORE CHICKS!


Dane and Blizzard after partying hard...

Granddad Ralph and Nany Adele receiving their one of a kind finger painting from Dane!

A handmade hoodie for Dane, made by his Nana Adele.

Comfy socks...yes!



Dane learned very quickly how to open a present.

Wait a minute! Did you poke holes in that box so he could breathe, Adele?!

Wow. Mike got Mark ANOTHER Roel shirt. I think Mark said that this completes his collection!

Ooooooh, oversized LEGOS!

There's that awesome alphabet train.

Nothing quite like this...

Hanging with the pooches.

Dane's new horsy! "I'm a little pony, clippety clop, clippety clop..."

HEY!

Wrong way, Dane:)

You don't even BLINK, do you?

That's not a happy face!

Poor Bliz...subjected to such cruelty.

No comments: