Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nates Butt Farm, et al.

So, this blog is another rather long one. October was a very busy month, so I'm shoving most of it in this post to make room for the next blog - the Mexico blog! I kept the writing short and the photos long. Enjoy!

Mike started working on the back patio cover for the Heublein's in October. The day he really started working on it, it was probably 120 degrees on the roof! We went over there to visit while the boys worked. Colleen made a yummy dinner and we had a great time. Mike has just finished his part of the project, so I'll post the completed pics once the roofers are done.




Dillon and Dane "helping out."

Dinner time! I had a couple glasses of wine by this point:)


I put some pictures in here from our little family Charger game party. I prepared some yummy food and put up signs for the Chargers. Unfortunately, they didn't win, but we still had a great time.





My parents decided to come down during the week to visit us (and the beach). It was such a wonderful day, with beautiful San Diego weather to boot! My dad and I snapped some epic photos. Dane did pretty well in the ocean considering he is usually pretty tentative. It was great to see dad in some photos, too. After a day of fun, we had a yummy seafood dinner at King's in Carlsbad. A great way to spend a Tuesday, I say:)

My boys!










Surprise, surprise. Dane found a girlfriend...



A nice nap after a long day at the beach.


That Friday, Dane's preschool went to Bates Nut Farm (aka Nates Butt Farm) in Valley Center to see the pumpkin patch and the animals. It was a sweet trip for me because I used to go there all the time when my family owned a ranch in Valley Center. Going back there was such a treat, especially with the little ones. Dane was so "deciding" and he absolutely LOVED the pumpkin patch. He had a hard time picking one pumpkin, though. Hmmm...he takes after his mama:)



Dane was really into the tractor - big surprise!


He got a stamp! Yay!
That's a rough looking pirate scarecrow!
The tractor'th coming! 

Look at those serious faces.






Look at that smile.
I don't think Dane liked the scarecrow.
So a goat walks into a bar...



Don't step on the pum...ah...nevermind...
Ryan, don't eat that str...ah...whatever...
Do I see an emerging pointy lip starting here? Could it be that Ryan will carry on Kristy's pointy lip tradition? Only time will tell...





After Nates Butt Farm, we went up to LA for a birthday party (you will see pics from that later) and we sure partied! AJ had a concert the first night we were there and unfortunately, I missed it. Word is, AKA rocked it - GO AJ!  

Mom and Krista sportin' the AKA shirts.
AJ, you're lookin' shabby dude...

Dane's wax lips from Nates Butt Farm.
A pack a lips now.

Supermaaaaan!
That same night, Erica went to the Phantom of the Opera for a night on the town. Lookin' GOOD!



Sexy maaaan, sexy maaaan....

That Sunday, we went over to Enni and Cordell's house for their son Kanan's 1st birthday. It was such a fun, festive occasion and they did a fantastic job decorating and entertaining. There was a pinata, incredible food and plenty of games for the kids. Enni made an amazing batch of red velvet cupcakes for us that were absolutely mind-blowing. Thank you Enni and Cordell - and happy birthday to your little Kanan!

A farm party!

There's Dane running underneath!
Dane was loving this game.

There's Cordell and his little Kanan.
I like the missing tooth look on you, Cordell:)
There's a happy aunt Mern!
Phuong and Robert were nice enough to stop by before a wedding they had to go to. Such a lovely couple. :)
Uh, I don't know about this big tarp thingy...



The kids were supposed to line up youngest to oldest for the pinata. The guy came up and asked Dane if he was 5 or 4. Mernie and I died laughing...

Kill it!
Look at Kanan's huge cupcake!

Take off the wrapper, please.
For I can sink my teeth into it!

Mother and son having a moment together.

No comments: