Monday, December 17, 2012

Post Thanksgiving Fun

Well, the weekend after Thanksgiving was a great time of relaxing and more visiting. My sister Kim and her boyfriend Bart were at my parents' house, so the kids and I went up there to visit a bit more. My dad took the boys out to a train store and ice cream just to give me a little break. It was so great to see the pictures! The kids had such a wonderful time wandering the store and of course, dad's "tractor beam" to 31 Flavors (a long time tradition with the Nocita family) added a lot to the fun!

The week following Thanksgiving was nice and low key. We hung around the house, decorated, got our tree, and just laid low. It's such a contrast to where we were last year - running around like crazy, going to parties, putting on MOPS events - it was nuts! This year I vowed to "JUST SAY NO," and thank goodness! With this belly, there's not much more I can do than clean and cook dinner.

On December 7, Dane's Kindergarten class was responsible for presenting this month's character trait at the Character Trait Assembly at Magnolia Elementary. It was so cute watching the kids sing, even though Ryan insisted I hold him the entire time. Video taping and holding a 2 year old giant while being pregnant proved to be a tad difficult, but hey! We made it happen:) Here is the video for the 3 of you who I know will watch it;-) Oh, and for those of you wondering why Dane was standing on the side of the risers (I was wondering myself), apparently he was charged with making sure no one fell off. I wondered if Mrs. Henken picked the right boy for that job...Dane's attention span is...well, you know:)

I'll be posting another blog in the next couple days with our Santa picture trip and Christmas Craft playdate with La Costa Moms. Hope all is well and that you are embracing the true meaning and spirit of Christmas. Make sure to do a couple random acts of kindness this week...our country needs it!



"How can I get my hands on that thing?"

Thomas the Train? Winner!


"Chocket Ice Keem!"


A boy can dream...

Dane loves picking flowers for his mama:)

The hair...it kills me every time.

Bart and Kim made a tasty dinner for us that night! Yummy!

So, yeah. I'm pregnant, but the kids wanted to see me on this thing. There was one catch - Ryan wanted to ride. Sheesh...


Play dough time!

Oh and we can't forget the green shakes!


Thanks to uncle Bart for humoring Dane, yet again, and building another rocket. I think Bart may be at his rocket making limit here already.

A cool picture, but I'd be lying if it didn't make me a little ill, too.

Look away, Mike. Look away...

Rough housing with auntie Kim:)

How am I only 28 weeks in this picture?

Gampa blow-dried his hair and it was so wavy and thick!

Good weekend at Gamma Gampa's...tired boys...

I call this pic of Mike's hand after surgery, "Frankenhand." Ew!

The boys went on a walk to give me some time alone. Was a chilly afternoon down by Batiquitos Lagoon...


Mike got the lights up the day after Thanksgiving. Go Mikey!

Rainy day fort time in the living room!

On our way to buy the Christmas tree.



One of my favorite things to do as a kid was run through the tree lots with my siblings. It is fun to watch the boys do the same thing:)

Ryan and Dane loved watching them saw the bottom of the trees off. "WHOA!"




Getting the train set up.


Ahhhh...it's Christmas...


Dane fell while trying to climb up the bunk bed and banged his lip pretty good. "I coulda been a contendah!"
Here is Dane waiting to perform at the Character Trait Assembly.

Where's Waldo?

Happy boy!

Zoolander...he's so hot right now...




There's Mrs. Henken leading the kids back to class.

A job well done!

On our way home. Too cool.


No comments: