Sunday, September 15, 2013

Baby + Blizzard + Baby Lizard = It's Just Another Week

Well, this week has definitely been a blur, but a good blur, for sure. We started off the week at a La Costa Moms event called Breakfast at the Park. It's always a nice time letting the kids run around while we eat yummy food. Ryan made some new friends, too! More on that later...

Monday night was my Bunco night where my Bunco ladies and I got together to enjoy some silliness. Liz put on a great party with a tailgating theme. As usual, we were being goofballs the whole night, but in a twist of fate (not at all because Mary whipped us into shape) we finished three rounds in record time! GO BUNCO!

Tuesday was a big day for the Roblees as Dane started piano lessons! I was a bit nervous as he's shown a lot of hesitation every time I mentioned piano. But when we arrived at Sean Whiteman's home, things got started off well. He let Dane explore the piano, ask a ton of questions and was so kind and gentle. It was cute to watch Dane get excited about the piano. He noticed the pattern of black keys, asked why the pedal made the piano sound different, and why his piano was so big (it was 9' long!). The questions went on and on and I loved every second of it. Perhaps the best part of it was the fact that there is a playground right outside Sean's door, so Ryan and Alana will be able to play during Dane's lessons. Yippee! It was just so much fun to hear the piano and to fondly remember all of the piano lessons my siblings and I took with Alan Devries through the years. It is fun to continue the tradition and to hear the music playing again...

Tuesday night, Mike and I headed to Back to School Night at Magnolia Elementary where we got to meet Dane's teacher, Mrs. Sanchez, and see the work they are doing in class. It is so wonderful to be able to send Dane to a public school that is such a close knit group of people. The parents, the teachers and the principal are all so committed to the students...the principal Mr. Hines knows all the kids' names! When we went up to introduce ourselves and told him Dane was our child, he smiled and said, "Dane just cracks me up...always bouncing as he's walking...he reminds me of a little kid named Murphy who used to go here and would just smile at everyone." Ah yes...our little goofball Dane:)

We got to enjoy some time with new friends as well. I met Kathy through La Costa Moms and she just recently moved with her family from Utah to Carlsbad. She's right around the corner! She has three grown children, but two young sons named Desmond and Judah who are a little younger than Dane and Ryan. The boys all got to spend quite a lot of time together this week. Kathy and I babysat for each other, allowing us to each have some alone time running errands. It was great!

The rest of the week was just more of the usual...soccer practice...bible study was back up and running (yay!)...Ryan got his stitches out...Dane's catching baby lizards...Alana and Blizzard play together...you know...same old same old. Dane is going to start Cub Scouts this Friday, which of course, has Mike extremely excited:)

Thanks for keeping up with the Roblees and have a wonderful week!

Playing at Aviara.

There's one of Ryan's buddies, Davan.

It's Bunco time!

There's Jillian being annoyed with me:)

Andrea, Erin and Mary looking like their ready for some footbaaaaaaaaaall! And wine...

Our lovely hostess Liz, Shekina and Jen!

Sarah was a little late to the game, but that doesn't stop her from sportin' the Ducks gear like a true fan...

And then there's Marlo. I always have to have a crazy Asian friend...it's in my blood.

Jordy is Alana's adopted aunt:)



I lost that round.

Representin' the west siiiiiiide! Or north? Or???

Awww, Bunco sisters...

Mary is my Bunco nemesis, so I keep her close to me.


I won!!! Well...third place...

Watching a little ipad in the morning...

Playing in the playground at piano!

There's Sean...I hope he decides to keep us around:)

Here we are at Back to School Night...so fun to see the kids' creations.

Mrs. Sanchez Room 7!


There's Mikey at Dane's desk doing our "homework."


Ryan was a little apprehensive about getting his stitches out. They weren't quite ready yet...



Playing with Des and Judah!


There they are enjoying a light snack:)

Alana was showing me how she sucks her thumb...with BOTH thumbs. She's an ambi-thumbsucker!




Hanging out with Des and Judah...the next day! HAHA!

Look at that hair!

Alana LOVES hanging out with Blizzard. It's so cute!


Dane caught a baby lizard and fit him into his bug catcher wrist watch thingy.

He was very concerned I was going to accidentally let him go.

Here's our little football watching Texas football with daddy:)


Happy faces!

No comments: