Friday, October 4, 2013

I'd Turn Back if I Were You...

What a fun couple of weeks this has been! There is just so much "normal" life stuff going on (which I love) with a couple really awesome things thrown in there...read on!

Last week was a lot of the usual routine - piano, soccer, preschool, cub scouts - just your average week with young kids:) I took a lot of pictures of us throughout the week just livin' life. These pictures are usually my favorite because they capture those every day moments and make them extra special.

Toward the end of the week (two weeks ago), I started getting food ready for Lauren's "Palm Springs Bachelorette Weekend." Unfortunately, Ryan got pretty sick so he had to come along with me on all my errands. Poor baby! I was able to get all the shopping done quickly and the next day I headed up to Palm Springs with Alana in tow. This was to be Alana's first bachelorette party...woo hoo! We had the best time EVER! It was so relaxing to just hang by the pool, chat, eat, drink, laugh...and Alana was so good. She napped and slept well, which made the trip really easy. I think everyone had a nice time with her and she had a blast, too. I know I can speak for the whole group when I say we were so honored to celebrate Lauren's upcoming nuptials and were excited to be a part of her big day! Thanks to Mike for watching the boys so I could have fun with the girls:)

After the big weekend, it was back to the grind. I was shuttling kids, packing lunches, piano lessons, soccer practice, dinner, doctor visits...you know, back to the "normal" stuff. On Thursday, Ryan's preschool was going to Bates Nut Farm. I have so many great memories at "Nates Butt Farm" as a kid. It's always nice to go back there and experience it with the kids. Alana and Ryan were in heaven there and it was nice to be out in the mountains breathing the crisp, fall air. Once we picked out our "punkin" and rode the "tracker" a couple times, we packed up to head home.

Before we went home, we stopped by cousin Katie's house to see her new baby boy, Karston. I was so glad to be able to hold him before he was even a week old. What a cutie! Thanks to Katie and Spencer for letting us come over and check him out...he's definitely a sweetheart. Good job!

Alright, I'll stop yappin'. Check out our pics and have a wonderful week!

The Monday carpool:)

Sick Ry Ry:(

Uh oh...

Ryan was helping me give Alana a bath. He was such a big helper!




Ridiculous.



Even though Ryan was sick, he was such a good boy letting me cart him around on my errands.

Dane's "homework headband" so his hair doesn't get in his eyes.



There's the bride! Ready to chill out in Palm Springs.

Alana's hanging out, poolside.


Alana: "Calm down..."

Erica and Mern, right before our awesome Mahi Mahi fish taco dinner.


There's the gang! (Minus Erica)

Yummy avocado!

There's auntie Kim taking Alana for a dip:)
 
The marriage bed. JUUUUST KIDDING.

What a group!


 

Erica made the best French toast!


Spa time with the gals!


Dane has now officially started having homework. Yay.

Waiting for Dane to finish piano lessons.



Ridin' out in the cul de sac:)






This is how banana bread gets eaten in this house.






Just watchin' a little Duck Dynasty.

Tired boys!

Aw...he loves his daddy.

It's Bates time!






He was SO "decided" to ride the tractor!


Alana loved the ride!



This scarecrow may have a problem here...


Pickin' out punkins.





Meet baby Karston!

Ok, I want another one...

There's the mama lookin' good!

Back in the cul de sac, Dane's throwing the ball for Pete:)


Watchin' Curious George eating mommy's famous nachos.

 


3 comments:

alnocita said...

This one took me back; Bates Nut Farm...I have the same pic of you sitting in the pumpkins. I can't believe that was nearly 30 years ago. So wonderful that your kids are experiencing the same fun times.

Unknown said...

Dang dad - beat me to it :) Brought tears (shocking) when I saw Ryan in the pumpkins. We have so many pictures like that of you kids. Wonderful blog! Thank you for taking time to share all of your fun times with Mike and the kids.

Unknown said...

Dang dad - beat me to it :) Brought tears (shocking) when I saw Ryan in the pumpkins. We have so many pictures like that of you kids. Wonderful blog! Thank you for taking time to share all of your fun times with Mike and the kids.