Saturday, November 8, 2014

October: Celebrating Life

October - it's one of my favorite months. It's when Fall really begins to shine. Orange and brown, pumpkins, cool nights, apple cinnamon, baking...these are all of my favorite things wrapped into one season. We started off my favorite season with a trip to Bates Nut Farm. Kruger House preschool goes every year, and it's always a fun time for the kids. It brings back fond memories from my times there as a kid when we had the ranch right around the corner. Ah...the pumpkin patch...it's a happy place. Other than losing our pumpkin voucher and having to pay a ridiculous amount for a pumpkin, the kids and I enjoyed ourselves!

October 4, my friends Alex, Laura and I threw a La Costa Moms "Mother Appreciation Tea" at Laura's house. It was so much fun making food, treats and gifts for these ladies. I'm so grateful to have a group of moms in my life who know exactly how I feel and who I can lean on for support no matter what. It's been a gift that truly keeps on giving.

October 6th was an emotional and beautiful day for our family. We celebrated the life of my dear Auntie Bob (Barbara was her name, but Bob was her REAL name to us). She died of old age at 94. While we were standing at the grave site, I looked around and took the scene in as much as I could. It was such a stunning day and it was touching to see many family members and friends gathered around. She did not have a husband or children, but she did have so many of us as her "children." I'll never forget her presence at all of the family functions we've had throughout the years. Auntie Bob was always there. She'd throw in a sarcastic comment or a joke when the moment called for it, she'd bust into singing hymns when she felt like it, and she was most of all, a faithful servant of God. Even though she began to get grumpy and disoriented as old age and senility gripped her, she was still my loving, ever-present Auntie Bob. I love her and always will. I'm so glad our family was able to celebrate together and be thankful for her life that day, for her life truly was a long, faith-filled, and family-filled life. RIP Auntie Bob.

And like life, the blog goes on...

October 26th, our dear friends Bob and Sonya Sabatini visited us from Oahu. They came to the main land to see their daughter in Colorado and they were awesome enough to make a stop in San Diego! Mike had a great lobster dive the night before, so we enjoyed baja style lobster tacos and sat by the fire while we chatted into the night. It was such a lovely time and someday....SOMEDAY...we will get back out there to see them in Oahu:) Mahalo, Sabatinis!

Well, that's it for now. There are some fun pictures of all of the other happenings this month, including some cute Halloween pics:) We love you all and thanks for keeping up with the Roblees!










Why do I have to sit through this stuff?




Tractor ride! Alana is still not sure if she wants to be happy about it.


Horses made her happy! She was a natural!

Ryan loves them, too:)

My little jack-o-lantern.

Dane gave me my own journal.

Dane thought he would make a quilt for Blizzard out of construction paper. Bliz was ecstatic. 


Just playin' construction in the dirt...yup...

Mother Appreciation Tea!


Laura, Kristy and Alex:)

At grandma and grandpa's for the funeral. Alana isn't sure about Karston...

Pancakes!


This picture grips my heart. Ryan understandably could not figure out why we wouldn't open the "box" to say goodbye to auntie. It was a touching moment to explain to him. He was so inquisitive and sad about not seeing her again. I'll never forget that moment.

Auntie Bob's sister and these kiddos' GG...Moggy:)

Because auntie served in the armed forces, Moggy was presented with the flag in her honor. It was a precious moment.


At the church with the pastors.

Alana enjoyed herself at the reception:)




Ryan was trying on his Halloween costume. This was my racing suit when I was his age. So fun!



I told her to try walking in my shoes some time! So she did...

Putting on a little make up:)



The kids enjoyed themselves at the Carlsbad Fire Station event. It was also Ryan's friend Alex's birthday, so we were there to celebrate.






Those are some red lips!

Dane was so proud of his rainbow loom shark charm!

Alana was thoroughly enjoying the licking spoon after we made cookies:)

Now it was time for Ryan's buddy Reid's birthday party!





My tired pups.

Time to go camping and fishing with dad!



Those are some good soccer players!



Fly fly fly, Ry Ry!





Can you give me the money now?

The kids spent over an hour cleaning up paint off of the patio. They did NOT have a good night that night. Lesson learned!


Fun at the dentist!

Here is a fun little sequence of pics from our "Happy Birthday, Grandma" photo shoot:)




My little climber!


She just had to wear those boots.

Fun with the Sabatini's!

Trying on Halloween costumes!



I'm glad Dane likes the lunches I make him...makes me smile:)

Halloween at Ryan's school!


There's Ms. Katherine!

Class of 2026!

Halloween crafts at Dane's school:)


Time to Trick-or-Treat! Alana was under the weather, but she still rallied:)


Can you see the glowing necklaces? It was such a beautiful night.



Every time we would leave a house Alana would yell "TANKOOOO!" She was so cute about it!

She was NOT happy to come home...

Scary Dane!


No comments: