Sunday, June 14, 2009

...

Well, I've finished Part Two of the Roblee Blog series. We're so fortunate to have so many fun things going on. Our cups are sure full:) In this edition, I've included Memorial Day, L.A. Marathon and Dane's 2nd Birthday photos. I uploaded quite a few, so just sit back and enjoy them. There are lots of happy faces!

Memorial Day was so relaxing and full of joy. There was a ton of action because we had a lot of family around that weekend for the L.A. Marathon. There's nothing like pool time, yummy food and the trampoline to keep the crowd happy. There were loads of photos to choose from (as always), so I just chose a few to highlight the day.

The L.A. Marathon was a bittersweet one for me. I was so excited to run it for three reasons: 1) My 86 year old grandma Margaret "Mahgy" Davis and my aunt Colleen Heublein would be running it again, 2) this would be Mike's first marathon, and 3) I was more prepared for this marathon than I'd ever been as I knew it would be my last.

~"Deep Thoughts," by Kristy Roblee~
I just feel compelled to say a few things. As always, I'm so amazed by the ability of Colleen to keep us all in line. She is such an inspiration and is always an encouragement to us during our run. As a Lymphoma survivor, she brings a drive to the table that I've never seen in anyone else. My grandma Mahgy, on the other hand, I'm convinced is just plain NUTS! At least, that's my conclusion. When people ask what her secret is, she says, "Cod liver oil!" But, I think it's her faith in God, wanting to help others believe in themselves, and her desire to live life to the fullest. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing grandmother! 

The blessings continue with my husband Mike. He works so hard to provide for our family, to finish remodeling our home (and other homes as well!) and to be a part of all of our crazy family functions. It's amazing he had time to train at all for the marathon! He definitely trained, but not as much as I know he wanted to. I had no doubt he would do well in the marathon, but he blew it out of the water after finishing in 4hrs 34mins! I was so proud! 

I happened to catch some sort of bug the night before the marathon and ended up throwing up all night and throughout the race. It really was one of the most miserable things I've ever experienced. Sadly, I finished about 15 minutes behind Mahgy and Colleen, so I did not get to have a photo finish with them. What really matters, though, is that Mahgy finished 1st in her category...AGAIN!

I tend to get wordy when I talk about things like this, so I do apologize, but I had to emphasize the accomplishment of my family here. It's so amazing what people can do when they work hard and believe in themselves. I'm so happy to have been a part of such a life-changing experience, but I think you'll see in the photos that I'm also happy it's done. Whew!
~End of "Deep Thoughts," by Kristy Roblee~

Lastly (at least in this part!), I have Dane's 2nd birthday photos. It was all we could hope for, although a little more sun would've been nice:) We had some family and friends there, good food and drinks, and pool and slip 'n slide action. The kids had an amazing time. It was so cool to have my cousin Carol there with her son Carlo. We haven't seen each other in about 15 years, so it was a wonderful thing to have them celebrate with us!

Thanks again for checking in and keeping up with our craziness. We love you all and stay tuned for part three!

Grandma and Dane playing on the trampoline.


Dane and Dillon enjoying some exercise.

Mernie looking beautiful as always...

Dillon going for a ride.

Dad, this is an awesome photo:)

Mahgy's keeping warm...you got enough blankets there?!

Kristy, A.J. and Mern, sittin' by the pool.

Well, I think we need to crack down on this potty training thing:)


Dane and Uncle A.J.

Nothing like a baby getting cozy in a towel.


Thumbs up for the marathon tomorrow!

Bye byyyyyyyyye!

Um...of course!

Colleen, Mahgy and Kristy. Colleen, you want to go again, eh?

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

My aching body! Colleen's laughing at me...

Dane says, "I don't know about this marathon thing. I just want to get these batteries outta here!"

Mom and dad giving me some love...

It's Mahgy's turn!

Now Colleen!

And Mikey, of course:)

Look at all those great grandkids. And we're still missing some!

Daney and Mern...so cute:)

Can you blame her?

Grandma Colleen with Kassady and Dillon.

We made it!

Colleen and Mahgy being silly...

Dane got a baseball glove from his dad on his actual birthday, May 29th!

Dad and Dane swimming at Dane's party on May 30th.


Hot dogs!



Auntie Kimmy, enjoying some kick back time.

Meats and Colorn (Mitra and Lauren).

This just makes me tear up!

Carlo and Dane being silly boys.

There's Rogan, Juliet and Kevin after they just arrived.

What a picture.


Woo hoo! Slip 'n Slide time!

Dane was a LITTLE chilly. Nana was having a giggle about it:)

Cake time!




Rogan's looking a little chilly in this picture!

The gang!

Ungle Mark playin' ball with Dane.

Grandma Debbie and cousin Carol having a laugh.


Even the adults went down the slide. Well, ok...just Mike.


Kassady and Auntie Erica.

The cake...made by yours truly:)




Bucket man!


Just chillin'...


Even the dogs had a blast.

Spa time!

Grandpa Al still plays with cars.


Dane giving cousin Carlo a hug goodbye.

No comments: