Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween Haunt to Safari Park Jaunt!

Welcome back to the Roblee Blog!

We had such a fun Halloween this year as we headed back to our old neighborhood in La Costa for some trick-or-treating in style. Dane was dressed as a pirate and Ryan wore Dane's old pumpkin costume. Too cute! Everyone does such a great job decorating and partying on that street, so we couldn't miss it.  The kids nabbed tons of candy (most of which mommy and daddy ate before we gave it away) and they had a great time doing it! As the night wore on, both boys started to slow down a bit, and then finally, Dane actually said in pure Forrest Gump fashion, "Okay, I think I have enough candy. It's time to go home now." Talk about weird! Although it was strange to be trick-or-treating with only two kids (My family used to go with 15-20 kids and adults. All this while my dad pushed his handmade, coffin on wheels that he used for drinks & treats...it even had it's own lighting!), it was oddly relaxing and different to have a simple night of ghoulish fun with the kids. Happy Halloween, indeed.

A few days later, Dane's preschool went to the Wild Animal Park (Safari Park) in Escondido, and thus, so did Ryan and I. Although chasing a 1 and a 4 year old through the hot desert plains was not my idea of fun, we actually ended up having a great time. The kids were enthralled with all of the activity in the gorilla exhibit, and the Safari Tram didn't disappoint either. I think their favorite part of the whole trip, though, was the flamingo pond. Go figure.

I included some random family photos at the end of the post just because I wasn't sure where else to put them. I've also added a couple pretty hilarious videos, so check our You Tube Channel if you're bored or need something to watch. Thanks for keeping up with our family and be sure to email us to say hi!

Arrrr you ready?!

Yes I am!

I love that Dane is using my old trick-or-treating pumpkin:)

The first house was a good one!



Cool Sponge Bob pumpkin!



I think Mike regretted wearing his Chargers jersey. Everyone wanted to tell him the score!
This looked so cool in the dark.



People on this street open up their garages and have parties. It's awesome!




I think it's time to go home...

A dead pirate.

This pumpkin is done.


Here's our cute front porch. Mike did a good job!



Sorting the pirate's booty!

Here's our porch with no flash.

Happy Halloween! Now it's time for daddy to watch football...finally.

It was 80 degrees in November.

No ice cream, kids.

Tell us where we're going, Dane.







The kids were so excited to run into this goose. At least, I think it's a goose.


Taking a little break.


Beyond that fro is a big daddy gorilla.


Getting ready to go down to the tram. Pretty windy!


What do you see, Ryan?

"Hellllp meeeeeee..."

"Heeelllp meeee!" The praying mantis was about to get run over by the tram, but the trained Wild Animal Park employee handled it. Whew.

Look at that hair!



I mean, that's "dread"-ful.


Teething much?


He's gone batty!

Dane loved this owl. It's so cool how you can get up close to it.
I took this on my morning walk with Ryan. Carlsbad is so pretty.

Dane was trying to catch Ryan with the laundry I was folding. Nice.


This is a project Dane made at school. It says, "My monster's name is Gluin. She's a girl. She's a shy monster. She lives in the monster home. Gluin eats dinosaurs. She likes to walk, run and turn on song." Hmmm...Gluin sounds...fun...

Oh our way to church...the boys were so cute:)


Back home from church and admiring the mini-surfboard that Mike made Dane.


No comments: