Thursday, January 30, 2014

All "Charged" Up in January

We started off 2014 with a January that has been peppered with so many little joyful moments, most of which are best described by the pictures. I'll just say a few words about some of the bigger moments...

First, we were so excited to be able to watch the Chargers win against the Bengals on January 5th...the playoff win that got Mike so jacked up I thought he might explode. Those days are so fun because we get to just be together as a family and enjoy each other. (Note: On this actual day, we lost Jerry Coleman, the beloved war hero and announcer for the Padres. January 5 is also the anniversary of Adele's death. January 5, 2014 was an emotional roller coaster...bittersweet indeed.)

Then, on January 11, Erica and Brian took us to Monster Jam, as they are now accustomed, for the 3rd year in a row. They always get this for the boys (and Mike and me), and now Alana got to come along for the ride. The general consensus is that Alana had the most fun! She was loving the trucks and had her happy face on the whole night. Ryan was a little bit overwhelmed and wasn't happy until he put on the pink ear protectors that Alana had on. It was funny how much he loved those things. There's that pink again:) Dane really enjoyed himself. We think. He was getting so annoyed by us asking if he was having fun. He looked like he was staring off into another world, but I think he was just loving it so much it had no idea how to react. So, all in all, a great trip and thanks again to Erica and Brian for a wonderful time!

Lastly, I celebrated my 34th birthday on January 15th. First, some of my friends threw me a little party at Le Papagayo in Encinitas. I love that place! Best Mahi Mahi tacos ever. Then on my actual birthday, the family and I had a quiet day at home and enjoyed a yummy dinner at our favorite spot called Hooked on Sushi. We ate a TON of food while Ryan didn't eat anything and took random photos of people and things. Ah yes...just a normal dinner with the Roblee family.

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and gave me gifts. Honestly, this was my favorite birthday year yet! I felt so blessed and loved. Coming up in the next blog...the Carlsbad Half Marathon and my surprise birthday party!



Mike and the boys went down to the beach and collected some clams. I made some yummy clam chowdah with them!





The kids piled up all the toys to clean up...it reminded me of a Dr. Seuss book!
A little Minecraft...

She loves her Chargers:)




Thanks to our friend Carole, we were able to meet Jerry Coleman when Mike and I just started dating. Not bad:)

Look at this Lego-meister!

It was Charger Day at school!

Ready for MONSTER TRUCK JAM! (As Ryan calls it)



Needed a little love from auntie Erica.

Alana is enjoying a bottle while watching the festivities.


He's got the pink head phones and he's good to go!

Tradish Droopy pic.

Drivin' the car at Sprouts!
Alana situps...


Mike and I worked late into the night putting together our new nook:)

Now that's a tired Charger fan...

I don't think Alana appreciated the Dane standee. She was not amused.

My birthday was beautiful!


From Ryan.

My cotton candy birthday dessert at Le Papagayo. Awesome!




Ready for birthday sushi!

"Dad, make sure to mark down some Mackerel for me, would ya?"




This is a picture of a random lady sitting next to us - Ryan took it.

Ryan was enjoying a tea party at school with all of "his girls."

"I wish I could go to Colorado. First I would throw snowballs. Next I would make a snowman. Last I would come and drink hot cocoa." We have some work to do with spelling:) But cute, nevertheless.

Where's Ryan?

There he is!

Dane wanted to show me the robot he made out of boxes. Ryan was his assistant, of course.


Alana loves to inspect Blizzard. Blizzard does not love it.




No comments: