Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mother Son Fun!

February 7, 2014 marked the 10th wedding anniversary for Mike and me. We had big plans for that night (dinner, anyone?) but Dane's "Bring Your Bright Lady" Mother Son Dance was that night, so Mike passed the torch to Dane for the evening. What a guy! The dance was absolutely hysterical. I think I laughed the entire night. Before we got there, Dane was so nervous about it, not sure what to expect. He kept asking, "I am supposed to dance with you? Is anyone else going to be there? I don't want to go on stage..." I kept trying to reassure him that it was going to be a fun, relaxed time, but my reassurances were going nowhere.

Then we arrived...

The glowing lights from inside the cafeteria immediately spoke to Dane. He lit up with enthusiasm as he saw some of his friends arriving. It was then that I knew, everything would be allllll right. Before we entered the dance, we had our picture taken. Then, it was go time. We walked in and grabbed some food. After a few minutes of eating, there was a second grader who said hi to Dane and asked him if he wanted to go on the dance floor. Dane wasn't sure yet. Apparently he knew this kid, but when I asked what his name was he said, "Mom, he never told me!" Ah yes...makes sense. Now, this kid took his dancing seriously. He went out there and just started going crazy. Ever heard of that phrase, "Dance like no one is watching?" I think this kid invented it. He was hilarious! Dane caught the fever and asked if he could go, too. So now the two of them were just going nuts on the dance floor. I will never forget how funny they were. The music was blasting, the glow sticks were lit...it was definitely a sight to behold. Soon, tons of kids were flooding the floor. Good times.

Anyway, after an hour, Dane wanted to go home. He told me, "I think I've danced enough for tonight." He was pooped. So began what I'm sure is a first of many Mother Son dances. The best part of the night (for me) was seeing 5th grade boys there with their moms. I was so glad I still may have 4 more years of this with Dane before he's too cool to do these things!

On Valentine's Day, Mike and I were able to go to Date Night at our church. They even had child care! While there, we went up on stage with two other couples to play a Newlywed Game type game. It was so funny. Mike and I had it in the bag until the underdogs took it at the end with a freak guess! ACK! Mike and I had some disagreements about our answers until we let it go finally. :) Ahhhh yes...competitive much? I also noted how weird it was to not only dance at church, but to dance without having any wine. Interesting realizations, I know...

The following week was full of just your normal Roblee life. Cub Scouts, trampoline fun...you get the idea. I hope you have fun reading our blog. Enjoy your weekend...we love you!

Ryan's morning face!

Anniversary flowers:)

Those legs and that hair...

It's glow time.


Okay, he was really fired up at this point.



One of Dane's best buddies, Berk.


Should I be at a rave with my 6 year old?


Mike took the kids to Birch Aquarium. They had a blast!

What an ugly day.


Mmmmm, yellowtail!


Trampoline fun!





Story time...the best...

Tramp hair!

Nice pants, Alana...

Dane hurt his arm...he made a splint.


Dad and Colleen training for the Mt. Wilson race!
You go guys!
I woke up to this one morning. Simply stunning.

Cub Scouts Blue and Gold dinner (Scouts anniversary) :)

The kids love their vintage Rainbow Creek Ranch shirts from grampa!



It's okay, I'm a doctor.

ValentiMes Day in Dane's class.


There's Berk making a valentine for his mom and dad.

Dane was SO cute with Ryan in his class. He was very protective and made sure he went where he needed to go. So adorable!



My mutilated heart Valentime pancakes and bacon. Looks nasty, but tastes so good!




Valentine's Date Night at Daybreak Church! It was so much fun.

10 years, baby! (Well, 13 if you count dating:)

First bath together! Fun times...

Saturday morning nuggles.

I had a date with my boys to see Frozen. So cute:)


I can't even comment cuz it's so cute, so I won't.

Time to rough house!

Alana wants in!

No comments: